First Aid Preparedness online course
In emergencies 90% of lives can be saved by ordinary people if they have the right skills and confidence to perform first aid.
That’s why this course is so important for anyone who wants to be prepared for almost any emergency event.
This includes beginners to first aid or those who’ve already completed a course and would benefit from a refresher. It provides an introductory understanding of First Aid Preparedness applied to a holistic range of first aid applications such as: choking, burns, bone breaks, CPR and basic life support.
The course is also particularly suitable for those wanting to feel prepared and equipped to deal with whatever comes their way from daily accidents to major emergencies such as disasters, accidents, assaults, or natural hazards. Knowing these skills and how to act in an emergency will ensure you’re prepared to treat injuries and help save lives.
What you’ll learn
- Applying physical first aid for injuries and illnesses.
- Applying first aid in a crisis or disaster situation.
- Knowing how to recognise and support those with potential mental health concerns.
- Ensuring the wellbeing of yourself and others.
- First aid etiquette, boundaries and considerations.
Who can benefit from the course?
- Those wanting to feel prepared, equipped and confident to act in any emergency situation.
- First Aid beginners or those who have completed a First Aid course before, but wish to refresh their skills.
- Those who are driven to help their friends, family and community.
- People who want a confidence boost when it comes to providing First Aid.
- In this section, you’ll learn about legal, ethical and cultural considerations associated with giving first aid to people across a range of contexts.
- You can familiarise yourself with the range of different applications for first aid.
First aid for your own wellbeing.
- Caring for yourself should always be a priority before caring for someone else. In this section, learn six easy and common-sense ways to ensure the wellbeing of yourself and others.
- Learn about the different resources available to you to ensure your wellbeing.
First aid for physical emergencies.
- In this section, you’ll learn the basics of first aid for a number of common physical illnesses and injuries such as burns, bone breaks, cardiac arrest and more.
- Understand the Basic Life Support action plan which can help you in any emergency.
- Learn about CPR for adults, children and infants.
- Understand first aid for choking and bleeding.
First aid for crisis or disaster.
- In this section, you’ll learn about different types of crises, like bushfires, floods, severe weather events, car accidents, and the different reactions to crises a first aider may encounter.
- Follow the five elements of first aid for crisis.
- Learn about the ‘first aid for crisis’ action plan.
First aid for mental health.
- In this section, you’ll learn about how to recognise when someone may be experiencing mental health concerns like depression, anxiety, addiction and more.
- Understand how to make a mental health support plan with someone experiencing concerns.
- Learn about the difference between sympathy and empathy.
- Think about the different considerations for approaching someone experiencing concerns.
|First Aid Preparedness