PSYFA - Psychological First Aid
Psychological first aid is a support activity that helps people impacted by an emergency, disaster or traumatic event. It is a humane, supportive response to another person who is suffering and may need support. Our qualified trainer will facilitate a 4-hour session with scenarios, role plays and more!
Suitable for individuals and businesses with little or no mental health training and does not require a prior qualification. If you work with individuals who have experienced trauma, or you want to be prepared to assist people in need, this is the course for you!
- On completion of this training, students will receive a certificate of participation
- The course is non-accredited and there a no formal assessments
A combination of practical activities, roles play and interaction with a first aid trainer. There is no formal assessment for this training.
- Learn the latest, internationally recognised, evidence-based practice in psychological first aid
- Understand how to maintain your personal wellbeing
- Become a confident supporter during emergencies, disasters or traumatic events
- Learn fundamental skills to use when responding to a crisis
- Understand how to take care after an event
- Be equipped with tools to provide support in a range of situations
- The importance of self-care in a stressful context
- Psychological first aid principles
- Distressing situations and reactions
- Complex reactions - examining indications where further support is required
- Child protection considerations for the responder
- Supporting the supporter
- Overcoming challenges in providing support
- Case studies, simulation activities
|24 November 2023||09:30 am - 01:30 pm||North Melbourne||20||$275.00|
|30 January 2024||09:30 am - 01:30 pm||North Melbourne||20||$275.00|