HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support Streetwise
This unique program is the first of its kind in Australia, and teaches basic skills and knowledge to respond to an emergency. Participants learn to provide life support and how to manage a casualty until medical assistance arrives.
- On successful completion of this training course, students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Units of Competency: HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Demonstration of practical skills‚ participation in role plays‚ analysis of case studies and verbal assessments.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Provides students with increased knowledge and self esteem by learning the skills to potentially save a life
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, fun & practical enironment
- Understand how to respond to an emergency safely
- Learn how to use an Automated External Defibrillator
- Instills confidence in people of have previously had negative learning experiences
- Stimulates communicty engagement for further learning opportunities
- Chain of survival
- Assessing the situation
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- Infection control
- Performing CPR
- Appropriate use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care of the unconcious person
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Respiratory distress, including Asthma