HLTAID006 – Provide Advanced First Aid
This unit of competency is also included as one unit in the Occupational First Aid qualification.
Workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
- On successful completion of this first aid training course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Advanced first aid response skills
- Knowledge and confidence to potentially save a life
- Skills to confidently manage others during a first aid response
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns, including thermal, chemical, friction and electrical
- Cardiac emergencies
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Emergency childbirth
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures / convulsions
- Shock management
- Substance misuse
- Vital signs