HLTAID011R - Provide First Aid Refresher
You'll learn about legal and other considerations when giving first aid, CPR, and first aid techniques for a range of illnesses and injuries common in the home, workplace or community.
Note: This course includes CPR (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
Duration: 1-day face-to-face classroom session.
- On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Units of Competency: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, HLTAID011 Provide first aid
Demonstration of practical skills‚ participation in role-plays, analysis of case studies and a theory assessment completed on your device.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, fun and practical enironment
- Have the knowledge and confidence to save a life
- Interact with a qualified first aid trainer
- Over 70 venues nation-wide
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac emergencies
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures / convulsions
- Shock management