HLTAID011V - Virtual Classroom - Provide First Aid
Experience a fully virtual training that eliminates the need for traditional classrooms. This innovative approach combines interactive, self-paced online learning with webinar-style instruction and hands-on assessments led by qualified training professionals. Your personal training kit, complete with a manikin and other essential resources, will be delivered right to your door.
Discover comprehensive training covering first aid responses and life support until professional medical help arrives, encompassing casualty and incident management, along with collaboration with fellow first aiders. Explore the legal aspects of first aid, CPR techniques, and gain insights into recognizing signs, symptoms, and first aid management for common illnesses and injuries in home, workplace, or community settings.
Note: CPR (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) is included in this course.
Duration: Allow up to 4 hours to complete your online learning before participating in your interactive classroom session.
Manikin kit important information:
- Book at least 2 weeks ahead to allow for delivery to the postal address chosen at time of booking.
- Once dispatched, the manikin kit is not returnable. If you need to cancel or make changes to your booking, the cost of the kit plus postage and handling is deducted from eligible refund amounts. Refer to our refund policy for more information.
- The course price includes postage and an 'Authority to Leave' is applied, please contact us to remove. Items will be left in a safe and accessible place, otherwise StarTrack will follow its process for undeliverable items.
- An additional $10 fee is charged at time of shipping to a PO Box delivery address.
- The resources in this kit are intended for the student's individual use only.
- On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Units of Competency: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, HLTAID011 Provide first aid
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
This course follows a blended learning format where students will complete online theoretical learning before attending a virtual session with a trainer to be assessed against the unit of competency requirements.
Step 1: Enrol in course.
- A resources kit will be dispatched to your nominated address
- You will receive login credentials for theoretical online learning
Step 2: Complete your online learning while you wait for your resources kit to arrive
Step 3: Attend a virtual session with your resources kit
Step 4: Receive a statement of attainment (if all requirements are met)
Technology requirements: Participants will need access to a working computer with a webcam and a steady internet connection to complete course requirements.
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, comfortable and practical environment
- Have the knowledge and confidence to save a life
- Interact with a qualified first aid trainer
- Over 70 venues nation-wide
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac emergencies
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures / convulsions
- Shock management
|18 December 2023||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||9||$310.00|
|20 December 2023||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||9||$310.00|
|16 January 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||11||$310.00|
|18 January 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||12||$310.00|
|22 January 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||12||$310.00|
|24 January 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||12||$310.00|
|29 January 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||12||$310.00|
|31 January 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||12||$310.00|
|2 February 2024||09:30 am – 12:45 pm||Online Course in AEDT||12||$310.00|