HLTAID010V - Virtual Classroom - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Avoid the commute to the classroom and study from home or work!
This training course will provide you with the basic skills and knowledge to respond to an emergency. You will learn to provide life support and the management of a casualty of any age until the arrival of medical assistance.
This course teaches special techniques for children and infants so is ideal for new mums and all parents who want to be prepared with the skills and confidence to respond in the case of an emergency.
This course follows a blended learning approach where students will complete self-paced online theoretical learning before attending a virtual session where students can interact with a qualified trainer to demonstrate practical skills. The trainer will observe the student against the performance and knowledge evidence requirements for HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
A manikin kit is used during the virtual session with the trainer to demonstrate CPR.
Manikin kit important information:
- Book at least 2 weeks ahead to allow for delivery to the postal address chosen at time of booking.
- Once dispatched, the manikin kit is not returnable. If you need to cancel or make changes to your booking, the cost of the kit plus postage and handling is deducted from eligible refund amounts. Refer to our refund policy for more information.
- The course price includes postage and an 'Authority to Leave' is applied, please contact us to remove. Items will be left in a safe and accessible place, otherwise StarTrack will follow its process for undeliverable items.
- An additional $10 fee is charged at time of shipping to a PO Box delivery address.
- The resources in this kit are intended for the student's individual use only.
Provide basic emergency life support (HLTAID010) includes Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID009).
* Courses from 1st October 2023 onwards are scheduled in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency‚ including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
- On successful completion of this training course, students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- Units of Competency: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
Demonstration of practical skills‚ participation in role-plays‚ analysis of case studies and a theory assessment.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Have the knowledge & confidence to potentially save a life
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, fun & practical enironment
- Understand how to respond to an emergency safely
- Learn how to use an Automated External Defibrillator
- Chain of survival
- Assessing the situation
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- Infection control
- Performing CPR
- Appropriate use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care of the unconcious person
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Respiratory distress, including Asthma