ePsyFA - Psychological First Aid eLearning
Psychological first aid is a support activity that helps people impacted by an emergency, disaster or traumatic event. It is a humane, supportive response to another person who is suffering and may need support.
This course is suitable for anyone who generally wants a better understanding of how to provide meaningful support during an emergency, disaster or traumatic event.
- Understand basic strategies to maintain personal wellbeing
- Understand what psychological first aid is
- Understand different reactions to emergencies, disasters or traumatic events
- Know the psychological first aid action principles
- Have an awareness of cultural, ethical and privacy considerations of providing psychological first aid
- Know how to take care after an event
This is an online, self-paced learning module. For the best experience, we recommend completing on a desktop device using a supported browser. Allow up to 3 hours to complete.
- Understand how to maintain your personal wellbeing
- Become a confident supporter during emergencies, disasters or traumatic events
- Learn fundamental skills to use when responding to a crisis
- Understand how to take care after an event
- The six steps to wellbeing
- What is psychological first aid
- Five elements of psychological first aid
- Crisis, complex situations and reactions
- Psychological first aid action principles
- Supporting children and young people
- Cultural and ethical considerations for psychological first aid
- Privacy and confidentiality considerations for psychological first aid
- Taking care after an event
No courses are currently scheduled, contact us to register interest.