OPMHFA – Older Person Mental Health First Aid
Learn about the signs and symptoms of the common mental health problems in older people, how to offer initial help, where and how to get professional and other help, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide first aid in a crisis situation.
Family members, carers, aged care workers and anyone interested in older person mental health
- There is no assessment during this course. Participants who complete this course are eligible to complete an online Accreditation Assessment in order to become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider for 3 years. More information: https://mhfa.com.au/firs
A combination of interaction with a trainer and case study analysis. Once the course is completed, participants can complete and online assessment thought Mental Health First Aid Australia.
- Have confidence to help an older person with mental health
- Act quickly to respond to mental health concerns in older people
- Provide appropriate mental health first aid
- Anxiety Problems
- Confusion and Dementia
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Panic attacks
- Unsafe behaviours due to confusion - wandering, unsafe to drive and unsafe in current residence
- Challenging behaviours due to confusion
Select a location
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Hervey Bay (Pialba)
Port Lincoln (flinders)
Port Lincoln (grove)
Can’t find a location near you? We offer Group Bookings at your workplace, venue or a Red Cross location. Contact us for a quote.