HLTAID011B - Provide First Aid Blended
Immerse yourself in the engaging world of first aid concepts through our interactive and self-paced online learning. Then join us for a dynamic and hands-on one-day classroom session. This comprehensive training covers first aid responses and life support until professional medical help arrives, encompassing casualty and incident management, as well as collaboration with fellow first aiders. Delve into the legal aspects of first aid, CPR techniques, and gain insights into recognising signs, symptoms, and first aid strategies for common illnesses and injuries.
Note: CPR (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) is included in this course.
Duration: Allow up to 4 hours for the completion of your online learning before participating in your 1 day classroom session.
- On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
- Units of Competency: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, HLTAID011 Provide first aid
Save time by learning the theoretical concepts associated with this course online before you reach the classroom. Class times are reduced because the theory has been covered already – leaving more time to practice your first aid techniques.
Demonstration of practical skills‚ participation in role-plays, analysis of case studies and a theory assessment.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
Technology requirements: Participants will need access to a working computer with a steady internet connection to complete the online learning.
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, comfortable and practical environment
- Have the knowledge & confidence to save a life
- Interact with a qualified first aid trainer
- Over 70 venues nation-wide
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac emergencies
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures / convulsions
- Shock management
|6 December 2023||09:30 am - 04:00 pm||Griffith ACT||1||$180.00|
|18 December 2023||09:30 am - 04:00 pm||Griffith ACT||3||$180.00|