HLTAID009 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Duration: 3-hour face-to-face classroom session.
Ideal for those seeking to acquire or refresh their CPR skills, as well as renew their accreditation. This course follows national standards that can be applied to all workers and community members alike. There are no age limitations to this course.
- On successful completion of this course, students will receive the nationally recognised statement of attainment for HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
Technology requirements: Participants will need to bring their own smart device to complete their assessment.
- Learn CPR skills to save a life in a safe, fun and practical environment
- Have the knowledge and confidence to support a person who is not breathing normally or at all
- Hands-on practice doing compressions and ventilations and using a defibrillator
- Enjoy practical skills, role-plays and scenarios
- Test yourself with a theory assessment
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) steps
- Demonstration and use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Debriefing and welfare