HLTAID009 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Content is based on Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn or refresh their CPR skills or renew their accreditation.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
- On successful completion of this course, students will receive the nationally recognised statement of attainment for HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Learn CPR skills to save a life
- Meet your workplace health and safety obligations
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) steps
- Demonstration and use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Debriefing and welfare