HLTAID003R - Provide First Aid Refresher.
Training in first aid responses and life support, this course includes management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders and covers a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community to manage a first aid emergency until medical assistance arrives.
- On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
- Units of Competency: HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Demonstration of practical skills, participation in role-plays, analysis of case studies and a theory assessment.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, fun & practical enironment
- Have the knowledge & confidence to potentially save a life
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac emergencies
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures / convulsions
- Shock management