HLTAID001B - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Blended
This blended learning format includes pre-requisite online learning which students complete before attending the classroom component. Students should allow up to 2 hours to complete the online learning, which covers theoretical concepts relating to CPR, and allows for more time in the classroom to practice first aid techniques.
Content is based on the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities
- On successful completion, you will be issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Learn CPR skills to save a life
- Meet your workplace safety obligations
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) steps
- Demonstration and use of a defibrillator (AED)