HLTAID003B - Provide First Aid Blended.
Training in first aid responses and life support, this course includes management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders and covers a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community to manage a first aid emergency until medical assistance arrives.
Allow 2-4 hours to complete your online learning before attending your classroom session.
- On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
- Units of Competency: HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Save time by learning the theoretical concepts associated with this course online before you reach the classroom. Class times are reduced because the theory has been covered already – leaving more time to practice your first aid techniques.
Demonstration of practical skills, participation in role-plays, analysis of case studies and a theory assessment.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, comfortable and practical environment
- Have the knowledge & confidence to potentially save a life
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac emergencies
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures / convulsions
- Shock management